How to Perspective, Pause, or Delete Your YouTube History5 min read
- Your YouTube heritage tracks the films you look for for and observe to strengthen the accuracy of its tips.
- You can delete distinct movies, obvious your whole historical past, and switch off Google’s capability to track the films you watch.
- You can control your YouTube lookup and look at background from a net browser and the Android or iOS cell application.
- Check out Insider’s Tech Reference library for much more tales.
YouTube remembers each and every video you check out. There are some fantastic causes for executing this — by checking your check out background, you can rapidly obtain and rewatch or share a online video you recently viewed. YouTube also takes advantage of this history to make much better tips for new movies you might want to see. But you also have full regulate in excess of this element. You can pause your look at heritage, which helps prevent YouTube from understanding about what form of online video you watch, or you can delete your historical past solely.
How to watch, pause, or delete YouTube watch background on a computer
To see your YouTube look at heritage, start by opening YouTube in a world-wide-web browser. Click on the three-line menu at the major left of the webpage and then click Background. Listed here you may see a chronological checklist of all the films you have seen, and you can use the Lookup observe background discipline on the suitable to lookup for particular online video names or keyword phrases.
In addition, you can pause or delete your watch historical past.
- Pause your observe history: In the pane on the suitable, click on Pause View History to stop tracking your viewed movies.
- Delete precise video clips: To remove a movie from your look at heritage, find the online video in the list on the left, transfer the mouse around the movie and then click on X.
- Delete the overall look at heritage: To delete almost everything from your observe background, in the pane on the correct, click on Obvious All Look at Historical past.
How to view or delete YouTube lookup historical past on a computer
Google also tracks the videos you have watched and searched for in just one thorough checklist. You can use this webpage to watch or delete distinct goods from your look for heritage — or to delete your entire look for history at the moment.
Below is what you can do.
- See your YouTube watch and look for background: Go to the YouTube Heritage webpage in a browser. Here is a chronological record of all the movies you have searched for and considered.
- Delete a particular online video: To delete a movie from your search history, hover the mouse over the entry and then click on X.
- Delete your full YouTube search heritage: To the ideal of Filter by day, click Delete and then pick out the time body of videos you want to delete, which include All time, which deletes all your video clip search outcomes.
- Automobile-delete video clip searches right after a time period of time: You can inform Google to take out films from your search heritage just after a particular time period of time, such as immediately after a few months, 18 months, or 36 months. To do that, simply click Vehicle-delete and then select a timeframe from the drop-down menu.
- Change off research heritage: If you never want Google to keep in mind your YouTube lookup history, click on Preserving exercise and then click on Flip off.
How to look at, pause, or delete YouTube check out background on a cellular product
Google supplies a couple hassle-free tools for viewing and handling your YouTube view background, and the ways are the very same no matter if you might be making use of Apple iphone or Android.
- Watch your observe background: In the YouTube cell application, tap the Library tab at the base of the display screen and then tap Heritage.
- Delete a online video from your enjoy record: If you see a online video you want to take out from the look at background, faucet the three dots to the right of the online video and then select Take away from enjoy heritage.
- Delete or pause your view heritage: At the best of the screen, tap your account icon, then faucet Configurations. Faucet Heritage & privateness. In this article, you can tap Clear view history or pause your observe record by swiping the Pause look at background button to the appropriate.
How to watch, pause, or delete YouTube look for record on a cell gadget
You can control your YouTube research background with the adhering to options.
- Perspective your lookup background: Tap the lookup icon (the magnifying glass) in the higher-correct corner. To get rid of an unique look for, swipe left on the lookup query and faucet Delete (iOS) or tap and hold on the query and tap Take out on the pop-up window (Android).
- Pause your search background: Tap your account icon, then faucet Options. Faucet Record & privateness. Then swipe the Pause lookup record button to the right.
- Delete your research record: At the best of the monitor, faucet your account icon, then faucet Settings. Tap Historical past & privateness. Lastly, tap Clear research heritage or pause your enjoy background by swiping the Pause enjoy record button to the appropriate.